The objective of the SATINE project is to develop a secure semantic-based interoperability framework for exploiting Web service platforms in Peer-to-Peer networks for the tourism domain.
The quantified specific objectives of the project are as follows:
- Exploiting semantics for Web services in the travel domain. SATINE project provides a component to wrap existing information resources to make them appear as semantically well described Web Services. SATINE provides an easy to use tool for Small and Middle Enterprises to easily create Web Services from their existing enterprise applications. The wrapped resources are able to exchange information with other Web Services on a Peer-to-Peer network.
- Currently, the main service discovery mechanism is the service registries like UDDI and ebXML. SATINE project enriches the UDDI and ebXML registries with mechanisms to store and access Web Service Semantics to facilitate the discovery and automated composition of complex Web services for the travel domain.
- The Web service registries are connected through Peer-to-Peer network to facilitate the discovery of Web service registries by semantic routing of the queries.
- Although there are efforts to standardize the messages exchanged in the travel domain such as Open Travel Alliance, not every travel company can be OTA compliant. In SATINE, the interoperability of all sorts of Web services are addressed at the semantic level through ontology mapping.
In addition to coordinating the project, METU-SRDC Team was the main R&D partner of the project. Our achievements can be summarized as follows:
- Development of a semantic-based discovery framework for Tourism Web services through semantically enriched UDDI and ebXML Registries in conjunction with Peer-to-Peer networks
- Development of a Tourism Ontology to annotate Tourism Web Services
- Development of Ontology Mapping Tool
- Several journal and conference publications
|1.||METU Software Research and Development Center||Turkey|
|6.||Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology||Australia|