HAGRID was a European Commission FP6 Project aiming at implementing new methodologies and tools which are expected to boost the participation of committed newcomers – beginners in FP7-IST and create a long lasting effect – well beyond the lifetime of the project.
The missions of HAGRID can be listed as:
- to enhance the capacity of the European organisations and networks, which currently provide support and facilitate participation in the European Framework Programmes;
- to multiply the impact of existing and future similar European Specific Support Actions by acting as a facilitator;
- to motivate and activate in FP7-IST European and INCO countries organisations that (can) have the capacity to successfully participate in FP7-IST.
HAGRID provided an innovative Single Point of Access (SPOA) solution to the newcomers and beginners in FP7-ICT.
- to exploit the potential synergies between more than 20 actual and future EU-funded accompanying actions (SSAs) supporting participation in ICT research, for the benefit of European and INCO organisations interested in participating in FP7-IST;
- to provide added value services tailored to the needs of any interested organisation.
To accomplish its aim HAGRID:
- provided a number of e-Services to European SMEs and research organisations
- optimised and deployed a set of Advanced Services (PR Research Profiles, Research Action Plans and Tailored Training Courses) to enhance the capacity of European SMEs & research organisations particularly from NMS and Turkey
- implemented a set of capacity reinforcement
HAGRID was carried out within 21 months by a multidisciplinary consortium consisted of 14 European partners from 11 European countries (incl. Turkey) and paved the way to the creation of the new generation of similar SSAs under FP7.
SRDC was a technical partner in the HAGRID project; was responsible for the design and development of the innovative Single Point of Access (SPOA) engine which can interact with different interfaces and databases in order to give a unified access experience for the partner profiles and collaboration administration activities.